- Preoperative Pain Management
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medecine
- Anterior Hip Replacement
- ACL Reconstruction
Dr. Adam Freedhand - Houston, Texas. Hip and Knee Surgeon
Dr. Freedhand has been in practice in the Napa Valley since 2006. His practice focuses on minimally invasive joint replacement surgery using the latest state of the art technologies including computer assisted navigation for hip and knee replacement and robot assisted partial knee replacement. Dr. Freedhand in Houston, Texas was the first surgeon to introduce hip resurfacing and anterior approach total hip replacement to the Napa Valley and is the only fellowship trained joint replacement surgeon in the area. He is actively involved in physician education, surgeon training and instrument design in minimally invasive joint replacement. In addition to his interest in the use of advanced technology in joint replacement, he continues to offer state of the art arthroscopic procedures for repair of sports injuries of the knee and shoulder.
Prior to relocating to the Napa Valley, Dr. Freedhand practiced in suburban Philadelphia with Chester County Orthopaedic Associates from 2002 until 2006. In his West Chester practice he was able to maintain close personal and professional relationships with some of his mentors from his residency training at the University of Pennsylvania. He established a very successful and deeply satisfying practice with a focus on sports medicine and joint replacement surgery.
Originally from Rockaway Beach, NY, Dr. Freedhand in Houston, Texas.
received his undergraduate degree in biology from Yale University and completed the premedical program in 1987. He then took a four year hiatus from academics in the continued pursuit of his athletic career as a flatwater kayak racer. During the 1980s he was a member of several national teams competing overseas in multiple world championship events and the Pan American games. In the United States he competed in several national championships and Olympic Festivals. He competed in the 1988 Olympic trials in flatwater kayak racing narrowly missing selection to the team. Dr. Freedhand was active in coaching and enjoyed teaching kayak paddling and youth development in his sport.
After his athletic career Dr. Freedhand returned to academia and received his medical degree from the State University of New York, Health Science Center at Brooklyn. He graduated summa cum laude at the top of his class in 1995. Though he was originally interested in primary care his exposure to orthopaedic surgery captivated his interest. Realizing that orthopaedics offered the possibility of medical and surgical management of sports related problems he changed his career path.
Dr. Freedhand completed his internship and orthopaedic surgery residency at the Hospital for the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA in 2000. During his years of orthopaedic residency he was fortunate to receive training from some of the pioneers and world experts in joint replacement surgery of the hip, knee and shoulder. His experiences and mentor relationships developed at the University of Pennsylvania continue to influence his practice today.
Dr. Freedhands fellowship training was at the Insall, Scott, Kelly Institute for Adult Reconstruction and Sports Medicine in New York, NY. Dr. John Insall is widely regarded as the father of modern total knee replacement. During his fellowship year Dr Freedhand was involved in approximately 1500 surgeries. In addition to advanced joint replacement surgery experience, the fellowship included world class sports medicine training. His experience involved caring for multiple professional teams including the New York Knicks, New Jersey Nets and New York Liberty.
Dr. Freedhand is an avid athlete and enjoys skiing, board sports, mountain biking, golf and yoga.
- Yale University, New Haven, CT BA 1987
- State University of New York, Health Science Center at Brooklyn, New York 1995
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 1995-1996
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 1996-2000
- Fellowship in Adult Reconstruction and Sports Medicine, The Insall, Scott, Kelly Institute, Beth Israel North, New York, New York 2000-2001
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery: Certified Houston, Texas.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Houston, Texas.
Arthroscopic Surgery Houston, TX
- Sports Medicine Houston, TX
- Hand Upper Extremity Surgery Houston, TX
- Microsurgery Limb Replantation Houston, TX
- Arthritis Diagnosis Treatment Houston, TX
- Joint Replacement Revisions Houston, TX
- Fracture Trauma Care Houston, TX
- Hip Resurfacing Houston, TX
- Hip Replacement Houston, TX
- Knee Replacement Houston, TX
- Knee Surgeon Houston, TX
- Knee Surgery Houston, TX
- Hip Surgeon Houston, TX
- Hip Surgery Houston, TX
- Joint Replacement Houston, TX
- Knee Pain Houston, TX
- Hip Pain Houston, TX
- Shoulder Pain Houston, TX
- Robotic Knee Surgery Houston, TX
- Robotic Knee Surgeon Houston, TX
- Robotic Hip Surgery Houston, TX
- Robotic Hip Surgeon Houston, TX.
- Orthopedic Surgeon Houston TX
- Orthopedic Surgery Houston TX.
Please visit www.adamfreedhand.com to know more