American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Orange County Orthopedic Surgeon
- Orthopaedists Orange County, Ca.
- Pediadric orthopedics Orange County, Ca.
- General Orthopedics Orange County, Ca.
- Orthopedic Surgeon Orange County, Ca.
- Sports Medicine Orange County, Ca.
- Arthroscopic Shoulder, Elbow, Knee Ankle Orange County, Ca.
- High School Sports Orange County, Ca.
- Robotic Hip surgery Orange County, Ca.
- Robotic Hip surgeon Orange County, Ca.
- Hip surgery Orange County, Ca.
- Hip surgeon Orange County, Ca.
- Robotic Knee surgery Orange County, Ca.
- Robotic Knee surgeon Orange County, Ca.
- Knee surgery Orange County, Ca.
- Knee surgeon Orange County, Ca.
- Makoplasty Orange County, Ca.
- Orthopedic surgery Orange County, Ca.
- Shoulder surgery Orange County, Ca.
- Spine surgery Orange County, Ca.
- Orthopedic surgeon Orange County, Ca.
- Fractures: Types and Treatment Orange County, Ca.
- Toe and Forefoot Fractures Orange County, Ca.
- Broken Arm Orange County, Ca.
- Broken Collarbone Orange County, Ca.
- Fracture of the Shoulder Blade (Scapula) Mexico, MO
- Hip Arthroscopy Orange, CA.
- ACL Reconstruction Orange, CA.
- Knee Pain Orange, CA.
- Shoulder Pain Orange, CA.
- Rotator Cuff Repair Orange, CA.
A MESSAGE FROM YOUR PHYSICIAN:
My Approach to Treating Patients: "I hope to create a close patient-doctor relationship based on trust and mutual respect. I believe my patients' medical treatment begins with their complete understanding of their condition. I believe that a patient can never be given too much accurate and useful information. With this in mind, I make every effort to first and foremost- listen to my patient. Then I spend the time necessary to educate them on every detail of the treatment plan. Lastly I am dedicated towards maintaining my Orthopedic Knowledge and expertise as cutting edge as possible".
About Dr. Mora: Dr. Mora is a native of Orange County. He graduated from Anaheim High School. He completed his medical school training at the University of California Irvine (UCI) where he finished in the top of his class with AOA Medical Society honors. He completed his Orthopedic Surgery training at the University of Southern California (USC/LAC) Medical Center. He rounded off his surgical training and refined his surgical skills with a Sports Medicine, Shoulder, and Knee Fellowship at the Santa Monica Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine group. He is currently practicing Orthopedic Surgery in Orange County.
Dr. Mora's long-term goal was to establish an Orthopedic surgery practice close to his roots in Orange County. His vision of becoming an Orthopedic Surgeon was borne out of his own personal experience as a young patient requiring numerous surgeries. He firmly believes that these past experiences now allow him to empathize and bond with his patients in a very unique way. Dr. Mora is an Orthopedic Surgeon practicing out of St. Joseph Hospital in Orange County.
Dr. Mora's family heritage is Peruvian. He speaks fluent Spanish.
- Undergraduate: California State University, Fullerton, B.A. in Biology and Biochemistry
- Medical: University of California at Irvine College of Medicine, M.D. degree
- Internship: University of Southern California (USC)
- Residency: University of Southern California (USC) Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine, Santa Monica Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Group
BOARD CERTIFICATION AND FOCUS
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery - 1998
- Sports Medicine, Santa Monica Orthopedic and Knee, Shoulder, Cartilage Sports Medicine Group (SMOG) - 2001-2002
- Director: Bert R. Mandelbaum, MD
- Accredited Fellowship
- USC+LAC Surgical Residency - 1996-2001
- Los Angeles, CA
- Director: Michael J. Patzakis, MD
- 5 Year Program including 1 yr Internship
- University of California, Irvine - 1992-1996
- Orthopedic Surgery Electives:
- Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard, Henry Mankin MD, Ortho Tumor Svc
- University of California at Davis with Robert Szabo, MD, Ortho Hand Svc
- California State University, Fullerton - 1986-1992
- Fullerton, CA
- Degree: BA, Major: Biology, Minor: Biochemistry
- Anaheim High School - 1982-1986
Honors and Awards
- Peruvian American Political Organization Peruvian Heritage Award 2008
- Physician of Excellence Award, Orange County Medical Association, 2007
- Medical Staff Appreciation Award, Foothill High School 2003
- C.A.R.E award St. Joseph Hospital Rehabilitation Department, 2004
- LAC/USC elected as Chief Resident 2000-2001
- LAC/USC Marshall J. Schiff Memorial Award
- LAC/USC Kerlan-Jobe Award
- UC Irvine Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- UC Irvine Summer Fellowship Infertility Research, Arturo Asche, MD
- UC Irvine Rotary Club Scholarship for academic achievement
- UC Irvine MacKenzie Foundation Scholarship for academic achievement
- UC Irvine Chicano/Hispanic American Medical Association Scholarship
- UC Irvine Infertility Summer Research Fellowship Award
- UC Irvine Grace Bell Biochemistry Award
- UC Irvine Excellence in Basic Science and Histology Awards
- Anaheim High School Hall of Fame Member 2005
- Foothill High School Team Physician
- St.Joseph Hospital, Orange, CA 2002-Active
- Main Street Surgery Center, Orange CA, 2004-Active
- La Veta Surgicare, Surgical Center, Orange, CA, 2002-Active
- Western Orthopedic Association
- Orange County Medical Association
- America Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Fellow
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Mentor,Cal State University Fullerton Health Profession Program 2009-active
- La Veta Healthsouth Surgical center, Orange, CA