Jeffrey H. DeClaire, M.D. is a board certified and fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon. Dr. DeClaire has practiced orthopaedic surgery in Rochester, Michigan for more than 20 years. He is the founder and director of The DeClaire Knee Orthopaedic Institute. Dr. DeClaire specializes in the treatment of disorders and injuries of the knee.
Dr. DeClaire is an active staff member at Crittenton Hospital Medical Center in Rochester Hills, where he is Chief of the Department of Orthopaedics and has also served on numerous hospital committees. He is also an associate clinical professor at Oakland University in Rochester Hills.
Dr. DeClaire earned his undergraduate degree and medical degree from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. He completed a surgical residency program at Wayne State University in Detroit and an orthopaedic residency at University of Michigan Hospitals. He also completed his sports medicine fellowship program, which concentrated on knee injuries and disorders, at Penn State Universitys Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
For the past decade, Dr. DeClaire has focused on treating knee disorders and injuries, and performs nearly 1000 knee surgeries a year. His practice provides full service treatments for patients including arthroscopy, arthroscopic ligament reconstruction, meniscus transplantation, cartilage regeneration, as well as partial knee replacement and total knee replacement.
Dr. DeClaire remains at the top of his field by working with a group of international orthopaedic surgeons who devise new techniques and procedures for partial and total knee replacement surgery. He is a leader in developing the minimally invasive surgery (MIS) procedure for total knee replacement and has also developed a partial knee replacement, the Patellofemoral surgical procedure. Dr. DeClaires philosophy is to find effective solutions that use the least invasive approach to preserve or restore the normal knee anatomy.
Dr. DeClaire was awarded the Outstanding Physician of the Year Award by Governor John Engler in 1997. He is a member of the American Medical Association, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Arthroscopy Association of North America and the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. Additionally, he has been an orthopaedic team consultant to local high schools including Cranbrook schools, Andover High School, Lahser High School, Rochester High School and Rochester Adams High School. In addition, he is the orthopaedic consultant for Oakland University.
Dr. DeClaire was selected as one of Detroit Top Docs for the second time in October 2006 by Detroit Hour Magazine.
- ACL Knee Detroit, MI
- Arthroscopic Shoulder, Elbow, Knee Ankle Detroit, MI
- Broken Arm Detroit, MI
- Broken Collarbone Detroit, MI
- Foot and Ankle surgery Detroit, MI
- Fracture of the Shoulder Blade (Scapula) Detroit, MI
- Fractures: Types and Treatment Detroit, MI
- General Orthopedics Detroit, MI
- Hand, Wrist and Elbow surgery Detroit, MI
- High School Sports Detroit, MI
- Knee Pain Detroit, MI
- Knee Patient Testimonials Detroit, MI
- Knee surgeon Rochester Detroit, MI
- Knee surgery Rochester Detroit, MI
- Orthopaedists Detroit, MI
- Orthopedic Surgeon Detroit, MI
- Orthopedic surgeon Detroit, MI
- Orthopedic surgery Detroit, MI
- Pain Management Detroit, MI
- Shoulder surgery Detroit, MI
- Spine surgery Detroit, MI
- Sports Medicine Detroit, MI
- Toe and Forefoot Fractures Detroit, MI
- Total Joint Replacement Detroit, MI
- Total Knee Replacement Detroit, MI
Please visit www.dl-ortho.com to find out more about The DeClaire Knee Orthopaedic Institute Surgeons - Orthopedic, hip and knee surgeons